CV TAPE STATION is a 28HP eurorack module created for cassette tape lovers and modular artist who are looking for lofi electro magnetic sound with CV control in their eurorack modular.
NEW FEATURES ON THIS NEW BATCH (V3.1):
We decided top remove radio CV because walkman model changed and his radio IC is more difficult to hack and less interesting.
Instead of we add a CV control for distorsion + switch normal/manual speed + GATE IN ! 🙂
We also remove electret mic from panel and replace it with jack IN. Like this you can record without the nois of the tape motor and use other electret if needed.
The electret mic will be add with a 1 meter cable.
We also improve the motor speed management.
PANEL : small changes on the panel :
– cv disto instead of CV tuner
– mic jack IN instead of panel mic.
– switch normal/manual speed
– GATE IN jack
We hope you’ll like this updates as us !
– Potentiometer for manual tape SPEED management
(from very low to high speed)
– CV IN for tape speed
– GATE IN (start/stop motor) (NEW)
– Switch normal/manual speed (NEW)
– ATTENUATOR for CV IN
– mono AUDIO OUT
– Mono RECORD IN : 3 options
:: audio in jack
:: electret mic record IN jack on the panel (NEW)
+ external electret mic with 1 meter cable
:: record radio directly on cassette
>> you can use CV IN tape speed + CV tuner (for radio) during recording
– Potentiometer for audio record level (can be use to mix external source)
experimental CV TUNER for radio station (chopper effect/ noise modulation)
– AM/FM switch
– antenna on panel for increase radio signal quality
– feedback distortion potentiometer (with two modes : hard/soft)
> can auto-oscillate in hard mode
– NEW > CV IN for feedback distortion
– EURORACK 28HP +- 150/250 ma @+12V / 0ma @ -12V / 0ma @5V
(can reach 350 ma peaks with hard and fast modulations)
– Polarity protection on power
– there is a trimmer on the back to calibrate the range of the motor speed
– BLACK PANEL matte + matte varnished with silver and white silkscreen 2mm (next version will be with gold)
– playing manually with motor tape speed from high speed to very low speed (osc, noise, field recording sources, FX,…)
– create monophonic melody with looptape (CV IN + attenuverter + offset) / not 1V/oct
– create ‘cassette beat’ (for example : record noise and change drastically the cv speed > Hi-HAT (tremolo/gate with CV IN)
– record LOFI TAPE LOOP (w/ cassette loop) with in-build microphone or with REC IN jack then play with it, etc
– record the RADIO STATION DIRECTLY on the tape (also with CV TUNING, with control speed…)
– control motor speed with analog osc
– mix external source with recorded tape or radiocassette
→ DELIVERY & notes
These modules are designed, handmade and assembled in Belgium – Europe.
PCB and Panel are professionally made in factory.
It’s limited series (numbered) and these modules are made one by one so now it’s only possible to do small batch. You can join mailing list to be the first to receive pre-order announces.
– This is a walkman, so it’s not to compare with high fidelity tape player/recorder deck
– We didn’t designed the walkman, it’s a hack for eurorack.